Scott Barnes wrote:

> I have a notebook with a NeoMagic 2160 and an 800x600 LCD.
> I've been trying to get modes like 400x300 and 320x240 to work properly
> streched, but I can't seem to make them work with the neomagic driver.
> Using the vesa driver they work fine, but when I use the neomagic driver
> all modes below 640x480 will either show up streched vertically and not
> horizontally, or just not show up at all.  Does anyone know of a way I
> could get them to work with the neomagic driver?

You can use the flag "DoubleScan" to build a modeline where each row
is repeated, eg

Modeline "320x240D@120"  25.0   320  328  348  408  240  242  245  254
-Hsync -Vsync DoubleScan

My laptop isn't accessible at the moment, so I can't check this on
the neomagic driver, but you might wish to run it at half speed.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna