> OK! I've almost got X working perfectly. Though it took some time, i =
> think im very close... What i want is 800x600 in 16bit color with the =
> Neomagic NM2070 chipset. Im using a Dell Latitude XPi P133ST Laptop... =
> Im almost sure this 800x600 16bit to be possible.

 No, the card in p133st don't have enough memory ram to run
 80xx600@@16bits. The best I found is 800x570@16bits, somebody posted
 the modeline a while ago, try looking at the archives if you can. (You
 can also find the config that worked for me

 About the weird red thingie on your screen, I've never experienced it,
 so I can't help :/ (you may want to dig into the archives to find my X
 configuration file and check the differences)

                 Vincent Labrecque
               [EMAIL PROTECTED]