Hi,

I have never heard of these high contrast tubes, either, I would be very interested in a comparing picture... Maybe it refers to the finer grind of the NL-845, but other types like the NL-840 have a fine grid, too: *http://jb-electronics.de/html/elektronik/nixies/n_nl840.htm

*Strange. Hopfully someone will find out more!

Jens

figureloop schrieb:
Hi:

I have a bunch of NL840 that I will use someday.  The "National
Electronics Readout Tubes" datasheet (don't recall where I got mine,
but I'm sure you can find one too) lists on pg. 7 that these tube
types are high contrast.

I wonder how they look in comparison to the non-high contrast tubes?
Does anyone have photos of or experience with these?

Well, I managed to find a trio of NL845 at a fair price, so perhaps
I'll be the one to answer my own question once I get my hands on
them.  There are some more available out there, but for too much $$$.
So I may just have bought a few for collecting sake.