Yup, the IN-18's are expensive.   Almost an investment.  I  bought those
and stock in microsoft as well.  I think I did better on the  IN-18s.

Shopping on ebay is your lowest price.  You can expect the $120  auction to
go up, but not by to much since they are listed as "used".  New  set of 7
is more likely to go to about $200 (little less).

A clock kit to run the tubes will be another $80.

So, a little savings over an IN-18 setup.

Really just a preference now.

Advice - Have money?  Buy a completed and tested clock with tubes from  a
known seller.  :)

I have intimate knowledge of someone you can get tubes from.   heh.  But,
several sellers on ebay have them and are reputable.  I do  like Pete's Kits
seller - has both kits for IN-18 and ZM style.   So,  you can find a price
deal on tubes, and then worry about the kit.  Time not  an issue, then bid on
the auctions and get a better deal on the kit.  Worry  more about finding
tubes that are good before you pick the clock kit.

Michail

In a message dated 11/3/2010 7:53:58 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,