"Super glue or epoxy causing a crack if the tube expands more than the base"

Exactly why I initially suggested Sylgard-184.  It has a very high elastic
modulus and will not crack anything, even with extreme temperature cycling.
 As a potting compound, it was designed to be compatible with all
conventional materials that might be found in an electronic / vacuum tube
assembly.  With some searching it is available in smaller two-part 100ml
containers, which is not so expensive at the larger jugs.