Thanks for posting the photos.  The clock is very impressive.  I like your
choice of red oak for a base.

-ub

-----Original Message-----
From: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com [mailto:neonixi...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Terry S
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 11:14 AM
To: neonixie-l
Subject: [neonixie-l] Re: RFT Z568 for sale on ebay ;)

We're both correct.

However, no matter how you work the numbers, 22.5% never comes up.
Let's leave that number out of the equation.

A 50 mm digit is clearly 25% larger than a 40 mm digit. That was my
original statement, if you will read it again: "the Z568 digit is 25%
larger than the IN-18 (digit)"

And yes, a 40 mm digit is 80% of the size of a 50 mm digit -- but that
was not my original statement.

Enough math. I've uploaded two photos to the files section, showing
the tubes side by side. The difference is remarkable. The diameter of
the Z568 is roughly twice that of the IN-18, the Z568 literally dwarfs
the IN-18. It's clear that the IN-18 is more space efficient in its
envelope, less open space inside around the digits.

There can be no argument that the Z568 makes a very impressive clock.
I've uploaded a picture of mine.  (Soda can is for size reference) The
photos are appropriately labeled.

Terry