Well here is the update, such as it is.  I turned this into E-bay earlier
tonight.  I also sent an message to the seller through the question link
on the sellers auction.  I was not nasty, at least I thought.  Here is
what I sent to him.

Dear loveourfoxbody,

It is against E-bay rules to copy other peoples listings without
permission. Your title is exactly the same as my listing down to the
Thyratron2  which I put in on an older listing where I had 2 of the tubes
up for auction at the same time. You also copied the picture I took of the
tube lit up.  You copied verbatum including grammer errors the first 91
words in my listing. At least you could have asked!  I have informed E-bay
as this is a violation of their rules.  Getterflash

-getterflash

Here is his rather hurt and indignent response.

Dear getterflash,

Sorry I did not know that. If I did I would have asked.  I guess it's in
ebays hands now. Since you knew you could have notified me first before
ebay I would have gladly changed the ad. If they cancel the ad I hope you
will be happy.  I will then relist w/a different ad. Thats ok I've blocked
you as a bidder for the 50+ tubes I have to sell.
Thanks again
Billy

-loveourfoxbody

I think he probably does have the tubes and is on the up and up on that.
At least I will give him the benefit of the doubt.  I guess since I am a
dirt bag for reporting him I won't get to buy his items :(  So if he has
50 tubes as he states don't bid high as you will get other chances!!!

In my situation I have a few more tubes but I don't want to sell any more,
at least at this time.  So sorry for the misunderstanding.  I wonder if he
was one of the people that requested data sheets from me. More likely he
found some data on the web.

Again I would like to thank the people here that sent me additional data
sheets on top of what I all ready had.

I was curious about the differences between the 2040 and the 1C21. I don't
have a 1C21 so I would be happy to get one to play with.  I know that
there is a clear conductive coating on the glass top. I don't know if it
is on the inside the outside or both sides.  I would think that the 1C21
would not be touch sensitive, but it would be fun to try! If the coating
is on the outside and there are no other differences then it might be
possible to find some kind of conductive coating.  The tin coating is
vacuum deposited and not something you can do easily.
                                                          Tim Laing