I got my IN-14s in the mail the other day (Well, three out of four,
one was broken, but m_bulb on ebay very kindly offered to send me two
more tubes. Awesome customer service right there). I've been working
on multiplexing them, and everything works well except for the fact
that I'm experiencing some annoying ghosting. My code basically looks
like this:

A=shift register data for first digit;
B=shift register data for second digit;
C=time on;
D=time off;
repeat 100 times{
     write A to shift registers;
     turn on anode one;
     wait C microseconds;
     turn off anode one;
     wait D microseconds;

//that's the first digit

     write B to shift registers
     turn on anode two;
     wait C microseconds;
     turn off anode two;
     wait D microseconds;
}

Even if I set D to, say 5000 µSec, there is still some minor ghosting
on certain digits (mostly the seven) and that is at a severely
decreased digit brightness. Adding a delay (I tried 76µS) after
writing to the shift registers changes nothing.

I don't have a scope to check if the anode transistors are really slow
or something (working on buying one ATM), but I can't see any reason
why they would be slow, plus if they really took over 5000µS to turn
off I wouldn't be able to multiplex at all. Schematics for everything
are at the bottom of http://sites.google.com/site/willyager/nixie-clock
if it helps.

Any idea why my tubes would be doing this/ideas to fix it? Thanks!