On 10 Mar, 22:08, Imajeenyus <lind...@imajeenyus.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just joined the group, after meaning to for ages! I caught the Nixie bug
> last year

Hi Lindsay,

Welcome - and a very nice site you have too. I was wondering if you'd
seen
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://paillard.claude.free.fr/&ei=Oel5TZezKpGKhQe98rjeBg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB4Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3DF2FO%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26prmd%3Divns
?

Main interesting bit there is the making of his own triode from
scratch, and specifically the degassing etc. which is necessary for a
quality tube - obviously he doesn't Hg-dope his tubes (not necessary
for him) but for any long-life discharge tube, some sort of anti-
sputtering is necessary.

Great work!

Nick