OK, I've been playing Portal 2 for the past few hours... there is one
part in the game with humongous nixie tubes/numitrons. The game
designers took the wires out of nixie tubes and put them inside the
casing of a numitron, and then scaled it up. I thought it was kind of
funny seeing them there, and it's nice that they put the extra effort
in to make it look like it was built in the 60's.