Now more curious than ever....

going to take to work and take pictures to post.

The problem is that the octal sockets are empty.  So, I don't know  what
tubes would have been in them.  I mis-read the auction as it said they  were
included (but what was meant was that the sockets were included).

Basically, I wanted the tubes and the sockets, so got a fair value.

Will take pics and post later.

Michail

In a message dated 5/24/2011 5:06:25 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jreh...@mac.com writes:

>  Anyone have an idea of what the circuit is, or should I setup better
pictures.

Twp giesses. given that there are 14 cathode driver  transistors and
current limiting resistors.   It's a 2x1 multiplex,  driving the tubes
alternately, or (more likely), it's using them direct drive,  as 7-segment
readouts,
with various cathodes paralleled to give the usual  layout.  I'm guessing it's
a counter of some sort.  Hard to tell  without knowing what's on the other
side of those octal sockets.

-  John