Great idea, but I'm not sure if I heard it here first though, Wayne.
That's a pretty direct connection, especially in people working in
this area in the electronic art world. For example, this would be an
obvious project for someone like Tom Jennings (World Power Systems)
and there have been a number of multi tube  interactive art
installations based on B-7971s.

That said, got for it, especially if it will be a high-spec finish. Be
aware though, that twitter might go sideways on you. I had a twitter
based project that had to be re-coded entirely after they changed
their API. There are a couple of twitter libraries out there for
Arduino - if you are using that instead of a PIC or a PC. Ideally
you'd, of course, go with an embedded system or perhaps a PC on a
stick so you can re-configure at will.

Good luck!