Er, are we being sloppy here rounding 17 to 20? Or do the weirder countries [ie not Australia :-)) ] use 20 ? I thought it was bad enough rounding 16 2/3 [16 and two thirds] to 17 ! My home system used a motorised exchange ringer running at 16 2/3 . Had to replace the contacts with standard 3000 type as the scrappies always ripped the platinum ones off.

John K.
[apologies for more drift in subject ]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wayne de Geere III" <wa...@degeere.com>

You must be a real phone fan to know that proper ring generation is at 20Hz, I'm impressed!