This is in fact binary, I'm using the four outputs on my micro as the 4
high/low signals on the 74141.
Something unusual though.  I unplugged the ground to the 74141, and it still
displayed the 4,5,6,7...
For some reason, I'm not getting a proper ground at the 7805 volt regulator.
I'll rewire the grounds, and see what I can figure out.
Thanks all
Shane