On 1/23/12 12:43 PM, kay486 wrote:
Hello there, can somebody tell me, what exactly can i put into a tube
without demaging it. From what i understand, i can put there anything
between 3-5mA at 170V (think its DC, but correct me if im worng
please) And i assume that the 7mA *Katodenspitzenstrom* is the peak
value that will burn the cathode.  What are the different voltages?
Like the ones listed under Kennwerte, check page 4. I need to know
this before i start working with the tubes. I dont wanna mess them up.

http://www.tube-tester.com/sites/nixie/dat_arch/RFT_book_01.pdf

The maximum recommended current is to achieve the lifetime. You will not burn out the tube immediately if you exceed the current rating, but the hours of life will go down by the third power of the current increase.

The voltage is determined by the current. A Nixie tube is effectively a voltage regulator.

--
David Forbes, Tucson AZ