I do not think that it is possible to make much smaller Nixie tubes than the NL-4998 which is basically the tiniest Nixie tube ever made. The problem is the glow discharge, it is always larger than the cathode, and you cannot make the cathodes too small because otherwise you wouldn't be able to discriminate between the digits - it would be much too blurry.

Panaplex displays are much more suited to these dimensions, sadly. ;-)

Jens

I totally agree with that but I guess the old machinery no longer
exists so it's going to cost quite a bit to setup a new production
line for micro sized nixie tubes. I can't really see the micro nixie
tubes being used in anything else but a retro style application, so
the market for a tube like that will be very small.