On Feb 9, 11:22 am, Nicholas Stock <nickst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd have to disagree with you there Dieter, nothing wrong with acrylic
> cases for IN-18 clocks..
>
> http://www.pvelectronics.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath...
>
> It wasn't cheap or easy to do either....;-)
>
> Nick
>
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Dieter Waechter <i...@nocrotec.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > yes that's right.
> > Note the protopype cases cost about 1000 EUR, the other parts, equipment,
> > programming, tools, about 4500 EUR.
> > I know that a acrylic case is fast, cheap and very easy to do.
> > But I reall NEVER would pack a IN-18 clock in a plastic case.
> > Dieter
>
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Lucky" <dave.lucky.po...@gmail.com>

Uggh!
Sorry Nick, no disrespect intended.
That closed plastic coffin thing has been done to death.
I'd even produced something similar nine years ago with the GPSII in
all acrylic.

And while I'm on the rant;  the techs who re-purpose those plastic
baseball boxes and little heirloom domes for a nixie clock cover are
in need of serious help ;)

Although I concur that Dieters work is pricey amongst the herd, he's
shown the best packaging ingenuity of the lot. Spanning the market
evolution since '04. In spite of that high cost, he obviously moves a
lot of these.

And the audiophools love a shiney blinkin' nixie display above their
shrine to thermionic emission, that requires cotton gloves to fondle.

Regards, Jeff