Hmm, I do not like muxed designs, they make me go crazy ;-) I like the idea that those poor tubes do not have to flash at some hundred Hertz.

Direct drive usually keeps your program code much simpler, and in case of a software crash you do not have to fear for your tubes' lives.

Jens

This is why I switched to multiplexed microcontroller designs.. MUCH less soldering. :)

-Adam