On 24 Mar 2012, at 16:15, Sven Killig wrote:

> [...]

Personally I could make use of one. I think I have another three good displays
here, so yes please.

I can send you a bunch of 90v zeners if you want them. Used, but good.

Use 1/2w for the 100k resistors. Nicko told me I didn't really need to use 9k1
resistors, 10k will do just fine. 9K1 was on the Bally board design I copied.

ITEAD use the same factory as Seeedstudio (yes three eees) so it's pretty much
down to any cost variation whom you choose.

I cannot read a DCH file, so I cannot comment on that. Can one of the EEs here
look the schematic over? It looks OK to me, but I am not very clever.

You may need to experiment with a small off period to avoid partial ghosting on
other segments. I do my all display routine calculations during the off period,
fishing for the correct ASCII character and wanging the correct segment pattern
out, so I don't actually have any additional delay as such. I find there is a
sweet spot where you can get a crisp bright display by adjusting the voltage.

Good luck with sweeping those sixteen digits at a constant rate. If you get
timing variations you will see the ripple.

John S