Thanks Martin,

It is of course technically possible to use dekatrons, but are there
any that are small enough for use as a wrist watch? Also, to make it
worth the effort, you need quite a stash of those tubes, I mean it
doesn't really make sense to spend all this time designing it and then
only have enough tubes for 10 watches :-).

Another possible problem could be the brightness of the tube cathodes.
The dekatron only lights up only a small dot rather than a whole
digit.
I like the idea though!

Michel