Hello, I am new to this group and I would like to introduce myself
with a project that I have been working on.

This is my attempt to create a DMM using IN-12s, a IN-15A and a IN-15B
as display. I used my nixie clock board as base, so it can double as a
clock when not used as multimeter =)

http://tobiasmugge.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/dscn4039.jpg
http://tobiasmugge.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/dscn4034.jpg

The uC is a Atmel Atmega328p. I downloaded arduino bootloader on it.
I am using supertex HV5522 as drivers for the nixies. Two of them for
64bits. A friend of mine wrote a library for it that includes
brightness control via the HV5522 blank pin. He is currently
programming the clock while I work on the DMM.

Power consumption is around 3W. DC power supply from 9 to 12V. The
voltage for the tubes is boosted from the input voltage using a switch-
mode power supply based on the TubeHobby one.

The pictures and video shows voltage reading: is the only measurement
I implemented on the software so far. Still thinking how to approach
the scales/units.

I have a shunt resistor on the board and I plan on having voltage,
current, power, frequency and duty cycle for DC. I am using a I2C A/D
with a PGA, measuring voltage on both sides of the shunt. This was a
fairly cheap solution, but the way I did it only works for DC and the
range is 0 to 32V. But allows me to measure current and voltage at the
same time =)

I have a video of the thing working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNYnFTeADow
The maximum error I measured was 1,2% when comparing to my not-that-
bad-multimeter.

I plan on implementing resistance, capacitance, inductance and AC
voltage/current capabilities. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

The IN-15A showed on the pictures is not fully lightened. I am
following Nick suggestion to burn it at 6mA for one hour. So far so
good.

I am still trying to find some IN-12B as those include the dot. I do
have 4 bits free on the HV5522 that I could use to drive IN-12B dots
or INS-1.