On Aug 21, 2:01 pm, figureloop <cr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Thus, it is entirely possible that causes purely political or otherwise
> unknown and about which it is difficult to speculate account for the
> existence and simultaneous production of these nearly identical tubes.

> That's actually a clever and insightful speculation about what might have
> gone on in the minds of communist factory managers.- Hide quoted text -

I can give you an even more bizarre example - the IV-26 dot indicator
tube was only made by Orzep, yet hundreds of thousands were apparently
shipped to Reflector (the VFD factory that made the IV-4 and IV-17)
for assembly into Elektronika 7 wall clocks built by Reflector. A
single Elektronika 7-06 uses 48 IV-26 tubes (and 1 IV-4) and has 432
hand-soldered connections between the tube pins and the circuit boards.