Neon lamps will light from a very small current, I suspect you have a
leakage issue.
Try connecting a 100k or so from q9's base to ground to make sure the
tranny is off.
Maybe reduce the 33k feeding q9's base to 10k as well so the logic low
from the micro helps to hold it off.
You also have the neons connected directly to the micro, you might
want to isolate the micro from the neons and use a similar anode
switching method as you have used with the nixies, one of the
protection diodes of the pic could be conducting causing the neon to
light.