To: <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:26 AM
Subject: [neonixie-l] My first two-digit Nixie tube!

Hi folks,

I did it: I have just built my first two-digit Nixie tube! I call her "NX-LS-1".

She contains the digits 0 and 1 as well as a zig-zag anode. Filling is (as usual) air at 15mbar. I will have my needle valve shortly, then I will be able to do some neon thingies.

See some pictures here:

http://www.jb-electronics.de/tmp/nx-ls-1_1.jpg
http://www.jb-electronics.de/tmp/nx-ls-1_2.jpg

The digits glow in a nice purple, but my camera has a hard time to grasp the color. The truth is somewhat in between the very purple and very blue color in the following pictures:

http://www.jb-electronics.de/tmp/nx-ls-1_3.jpg
http://www.jb-electronics.de/tmp/nx-ls-1_4.jpg
http://www.jb-electronics.de/tmp/nx-ls-1_5.jpg
http://www.jb-electronics.de/tmp/nx-ls-1_6.jpg