Its working, properly now. Both at low current (~350uA) and at its
specified higher operating current (1.5mA), in both the pendulum and
spinner. Never got around to trying the "alternate anode" trick. Just left
it  in the pendulum circuit for the last 3 or 4 days, 24/7. I'm keeping
that "anode" trick under my hat, just in case. Thank you.

Glow color is still different than the other tubes I have of this type. Its
a Sylvania 6909. Green "Sylvania" text silk screened on a black base. The
"6909" is on the glass. Other text on the base is "952" vertically, and
"PAZ" horizontally. Just in case someone knows the Sylvania date codes.

For reference: The difference between the pendulum and spinner circuits,
other than the obvious, of the pendulum switching directions, is that the
guide pulses on the spinner are transient, while on the pendulum, the pulse
duration on the guides are uniform. 33mS, each for G1 & G2, in succession,
and also a 33mS pause, at the main cathodes. Circuits can be found at my
site: http://threeneurons.wordpress.com/dekatron-stuff/