On Saturday, January 12, 2013 12:30:52 PM UTC-7, kay486 wrote:

> O yea, i have two Z568M (the darker coating version) with the original RFT
> boxes. Do you know if they were ever sold in bigger lots originaly?

As I understood, there were many thousands of these Z568's rotting away in
a former GDR warehouse. Jan bought the lot. Along with other types.
If Jan is here, he may be able to elaborate about it.
I sampled a few from Jan in early '02, then designed a couple of clocks and
kits around them. They went viral.
The Z568's were shipped in by the hundreds at a time, individually box,
wrapped in corrugated paper and tissue.

I have many sealed cardboard boxes of RFT Z570's to this day, in 200ct
boxes, and dated 1969. Possibly acquired from the same source. 45yr old
communist time capsules :)

Regards, Jeff