On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:56:36 AM UTC, aarggh wrote:

> Such a shame, I was greatly looking forward to it. I gave a number IV-4's
> I'd love to use the code for, assuming I work out the conversion of course!

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zEwbMvZEVio/UVS3yk6P1VI/AAAAAAAAAAM/zrleEKM-zsw/s1600/SS+semi.jpg>

I've already done this and called it the IV4/IV17 Smartsocket. Code and
design freely available at the Smartsocket group, here

I'm actually putting together some almost built kits - solder the included
tubes to the boards, twp 4-pin headers and clip them together. Yoiu can
write yoiur own routines and send serial ascii data to them for display, or
use the onboard 4 letter word generator. There are lots of digit
transitions to play with.

I've got a new camera recently which does great video and I hope to get
some good looking footage soon.

Chris Barron