Hello Dan,

That's a nice buy! Is it a real ZX81 or a TS1000? I would advice you to put a heatsink on the ULA and replace the 7805 with a switched mode regulator. Especially if you want to run it 24/7 as a nixie clock as the ULA's get uncomfortably hot (a known problem of the ZX81/TS1000). The heatsink and SMPS will for sure extend the life span. If you have a TS1000, it is very simple to replace the 7805 and re-use its original heatsink for the ULA. I glued it to the ULA with some silver epoxy.

I don't have a complete kit but I can sell you the PCB. I got some extra tubes and K155ID1 drivers so you can either buy the PCB only or with the tubes & drivers. I got to see how much I actually paid for these items but I guess the board was around $25 and the tubes + driver about $6. So the whole set would be around $55 including 1 spare tube & driver ex postage. There are a few mods that need to be made to the board as I had put the tubes up-side-down (.....). This is a relatively easy mod though as most is done in the software, so it ended up only having to re-route 2 pins of the IN12 tubes.

If you have troubles connecting your ZX81 to an LCD TV, I got a simple mod here on the facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Zx81NixieClock?ref=hl

This mod only works for 210 type ULAs, other ULAs require a special circuit:
http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/Sinclair-ZX81-ZXVid---Composite-Video~~ULA-Fix-%28self-fit%29-2338

Join the SinclairZxWorld forum, there's lots of information available. The software was writtent in PokeMon's ZX-IDE which is a fantastic tool for ZX81 assembly programming.

OK, have fun!
Best regards,
Michel