The datashet that John linked to is stuck onto the end of the datasheet for
the QT1257, I never found it as a separate datasheet before when looking
for it several years ago.

I also forgot to say that it seems to me like these tubes were actually
named 425 or 425A as the last number varies with the voltage drop, at least
it does so on my tubes - so 425A2 is 72V, 425A5 is 75V for the ones I own,
but for the 2040's and 1C21's the voltage drop is closer to the 80V stated
in the datasheet for the QT1257, and they don't have a sticker or any
printed number for the voltage drop. There is one 425A5 at Radiomuseum:
http://www.radiomuseum.org/tubes/tube_2040.html which also has 2040 printed
on the glass. I guess these tubes were tested at the factory where they
were measured and then were either printed or had a sticker with the
voltage drop glued to them so they could be used as the correct replacement
for the circuit.

/Martin