Thanks Tom,

No it's a static yoke which is 3 phase delta wound and excited with
suitable waveforms generated by a micro. It's the original 900 Hz radar
power tranny that's the culprit.

BTW you may remember me as the fellow who once bought a E1T chassis from
you for experimentation. That ended up as a the learning experience nice 6
digit clock too!

Cheers,