I appreciate the input. Here's a new video, with a couple of small tweeks:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x264die_nixie5-prototype-demo-modified_tech

I slowed down the dekatron 'tick' from 20mS to 28mS, so the motion becomes
more constant, and those pauses shortened.

There is suppose to be a 8 note preamble, in the chime. I noticed I got two
notes wrong.

I also have two spare jumpers, for possible options. I'm still finalizing
the firmware, so I've got about two weeks to tweek it. I'm open to ideas.