there are ZM1040 which look much much better than IN-18s but cost a bit
more. If you want cheap round tubes then i got bad news for you. You could
also try the end view nixie tubes, the small ones are still relatively
cheap ZM1020 and equivalents, but good luck getting ahything bigger than
2cm digits on those.