It was easy, but became slightly more complicated when the 'video' from the P.E. cell was transmitted via 'radio' to a receiver at a remote point. At that time the two rotating discs were no longer on the 'same mechanical rotating shaft' but still had be held in sync with each other, therefore requiring an electronic syncronizing system. P.E. cells (some of the actual ones used I have here in my tube collection) were used at the the transmitting end to form the video, and 'neon" lamps (some of which I also have here) were as far as I know always used at the receiving end to recreate the video. For those of you who may have even a mild interest in early television, including the Nipkow Disc system please avail yourself of the following site http://www.earlytelevision.org/ When you get there, click on the search button at the top of the page and type in either 'Nipkow' or 'disc'. You can spend literally hours and hours here. Over the years yours truly has collected around 150 vintage televisions, studio cameras and equipment, and more. Now that I'm retired I am actively restoring some of the more historic televisions that I have to operational condition. Hope that everyone enjoys the Early Television site. By the way the first picture ever transmitted via the Nipkow scanning disc system was of Felix The Cat. If anyone has any questions about the Nipkow Scanning Disc system you can ask me, perhaps off of the forum here, and I'll try to answer them as I have a basic knowledge of how it worked, although the Early Television site should answer most questions. The Early Television Site has a 'LOT' of other info and restored televisions to look at. They also are setting a shop to rebuild television picture tubes (C.R.T.'s), which if successful would be the ONLY place on the planet doing so. Ira