Mark Zuckerberg posted this today to Facebook:

"You’ve probably seen the story about Ahmed, the 14 year old student in Texas
who built a clock and was arrested when he took it to school.

Having the skill and ambition to build something cool should lead to applause,
not arrest. The future belongs to people like Ahmed.

Ahmed, if you ever want to come by Facebook, I'd love to meet you. Keep
building."

I also asked my friends at BoingBoing to cover it as well:

http://boingboing.net/2015/09/16/making-while-brown-texas-scho.html?utm_source=moreatbb&utm_medium=nextpost&utm_campaign=nextpostthumbnails

And the school district doubled down, asking parents to report anything that
scares them, assuming that to be smart young men of brown shade who are makers:

http://www.irvingisd.net/cms/lib010/TX01917973/Centricity/Domain/9/ParentLetter_SuspiciousLookingItematMacArthur.pdf?utm_content=bufferfca92&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

bb spoofs Apple in the garage history "Man of Syrian descent found in garage
building what looks like a bomb" (the Apple I):

http://boingboing.net/2015/09/16/arab-looking-man-of-syrian-des.html

And President Obama invites boy who was arrested for making clock to the
Whitehouse:

http://boingboing.net/2015/09/16/president-obama-invites-the-bo.html

I'd say when the kid is compared to Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak and the
President of the U.S. Invites the kid, that the idiots who did this have
effectively been spanked.

I'd think more about the kid's opportunity for a lawsuit for the false arrest
and impingement to his character, the future lifetime of lost income, etc. by
having his character assailed by Idocracy morons at the school and in the local
law enforcement, etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone