So I just finished putting together an ITS1-A clock from Mr. Nixie's kit.
I ordered the tubes separately on fleaBay.

The kit is very well done, but I ran into a couple of pain points I thought
I'd share.

The first has resulted in a finished product that pains me a bit from a
cosmetic perspective.  I was not aware of any size differences in
individual ITS1-A tubes based on manufacture date (or whatever else).  I'm
not sure if ITS1-As vary from 1-Bs and if somehow I got a mix of both on my
eBay order but some of the tubes slid cleanly into the cutouts from the
kit, and some did not.  Unfortunately the first ones I was working with did
not, and it was not until I got to the 3rd digit that I realized some did.
Since I was not up for attempting to resolder the tubes already done with
their leads clipped, I am left with different depths on the digits and the
angling is not perfect on the ones that did not fit flushly into the
sockets.  It does not look horrendous, but I am kind of a perfectionist
with these things, so it is driving me a bit crazy.  I've tried to make my
peace with it though, and have moved on for the most part.  I still love
the clock, and am just happy it is working at this point, which leads me
into...

The manual specifically calls out how fragile the leads can be on these
tubes, and prone to breaking.  I had ordered 8 tubes originally to have
some spares.  Despite my best efforts in babying the leads while
straightening them out, it was with much horror that I saw one break off
near the glass.  I spent a very long time attempting to jury rig the broken
lead back on but eventually gave up as I could not get conductivity after
soldering it back into the board.  After giving up, I used one of my spares
as a replacement.

I continued to solder away and got to the final tube of 6.  After hooking
up the clock for testing, I was dismayed to see two of the segments
refusing to light.  I doublechecked all connections on the leads,
resoldered, etc. and despite everything I tried I could not get those
segments to light.  I eventually admitted defeat and hooked up my last
spare, which of course did not light (I did not have a tube tester at the
time of purchase).  At this point, I was pretty frustrated with the
experience.

To add insult to injury, I had also gotten sloppy when moving the live
board during testing and managed to give myself a nice 270V shock when I
made contact.

After ordering two more tubes on eBay, I waited patiently for them to
arrive from overseas.  They just arrived, and after carefully bending the
leads outwards, and soldering in the last one, I am now the proud owner of
a slightly askew working ITS1-A clock!

This turned out to be a very expensive project.  I am happy with the unique
nature of the tubes and the wonderful kit from Jurgen though.