Michail,

Sorry about the fire. If modern electronics can be dipped in something, then tubes can also be dipped in it, I would expect. As long as it's safe for glassware. The glass that tubes are made from can handle quick temperature changes.

You might want them to test it on some Russian tubes with upside-down 2s for 5s, so you won't be too sad if it fails.