Hi Michail,
       there's no technical reason not to go with more tubes, the
smartsockets can be chained together more or less indefinitely (there is
*eventually* a speed issue as the boards pass the data along the chain at
9600 baud ) and the pi has loads of resource compared with a
microcontroller. I started with four tubes but they seem to be addictive
and I now have twelve but only eight are mounted :)

I was thinking of going for ten in total as that would cover most words
commonlyused but my current temporary chassis ( a 2U 19" blanking plate )
is full now.

The number of PSU slots on the PCB was really just governed by the maximum
PCB size of 100mm x 100mm for the prototype deal. Currently one PSU per
pair of tubes seems to work OK, I'll get to measuring the current properly
soon but for a while I had three tubes off one PSU without any apparent
problems.

I see you had a go at displaying your name :)  Sorry about the camera angle
that seems to have tilted somewhat, it'll have to stay that way till I get
back to my workshop in the new year. That's the next big bit: making a case
and proper camera stand rather than the bit of rail and vice deployed now :)

Cheers,
       Robin.