Folks,

I have been trying to find a way to fit all my stuff into the storage room, and realized that it has too many CRTs in it. This has led to me taking the year off the First Robotics team I've mentored, to get some free time to design a product that will help me sell all those CRTs.

I am working on reviving my Scope Clocks.

I've decided to go with an Arduino style processor, since it's way more user-friendly and popular than those wacky Motorola processors I used or the PICs that the OscilloClock uses. So I'm rewriting the code in C, which will take a few weeks.

I've also redesigned the board and case to be DIY-friendly, and to resemble an old 3 inch oscilloscope. I have come up with a circuit board layout that fits behind the front panel. The panel has the look of a fifties 'scope, with the intensity and focus knobs at top corners and the H and V knobs below, and a big time-setting encoder in the lower center. (Did you know that it's impossible to find high voltage pots and rotary encoders that share a common knob?)

I've already designed and made a quickie laser-cut case, since I have access to a laser cutter now. Quick turn fab is marvelous.

I'll post photos when I have something to take photos of.

--
David Forbes, Tucson AZ