Yup... I see that now. After actually reading the PDF I see that an
external PSU is needed.

Calculations. Yes ... good idea ! :-)
You are right of course, I would need a huge "plugpack" ... something along
the lines of a laptop style one.
And it would not be putting out low voltage either which kind of defeats
the purpose.

So .. back to square one for me ... supply into the device must be AC from
the mains.