As you say it looks like the tips are open, they certainly aren't melted at
the tip like the four separate ones.

It would be interesting to see the result if the ZZ1030 was checked with a
plasma lamp, that would show if there is neon gas in the envelope or just
in each voltage regulator tube.

/Martin