@Gaston: I'll definitely ask the customer to observe if the tube in same
position fails again.

@Greg: Multiplexed or not, the usage parameters are within the ratings (as
per data sheet) for 100.000 hour lifetime of the ZM1000 (particularly for
the minutes position). Moreover, I've recently contacted a customer who
bought two such clocks from me 10 years ago out of curiosity. The only
complaint was that the tube in tens-of-hours position was starting to fail,
which is very similar to my experience. The ZM1000 in one rugged nixie, so
I hope that the above example is a rare manufacturing defect.

Thanks to all,
Damir