I appreciate the info on the possible cathode contamination and will take
that into consideration. The question I would have going forward would be,
do the 5092's come with special characters? The reason I was looking at the
50317 was because it was the correct sizing I needed and it contained the
special characters O,S,E,C. If the 5092's dont come in special characters
would you have a possible recommendation of where I may be able to find a
tube that contains the characters I need? In my research I havent found too
many that contain those specific ones.

As far as the clock build goes... its going to be quite the production.
Originally I was going to do a standard clock with six digits and
separators with larger tubes. However, I couldnt really find any large
tubes available that I liked. So I decided to go all out and do something I
have never seen before in the Nixie clock world. I am going to make a clock
that can spell out the time for you, using the special characters. In doing
this because of the limited character sets available within the tubes I
will need... get ready for it... 36 tubes. I have found and sourced a good
amount of the ones I need already but the hard work has not even come close
to being started. As far as the total tubes I need and quantities they are
as follows:

B-50317 (Y,V,K,D,A,M,E,S,O,C) x6 Will probably be rethinking these now...
LL-553 (Z,H,F,S,W) x4
LL-555 (L,C,T,Y,R,N,B) x10 (Found/Bought)
LL-556 (S,P,M,U,G) x3 (Found/Bought)
LL-557 (E,J,A,V,F,H) x6 (Found/Bought
LL-558 (D,W,K,Z,X,L) x4 (Found/Bought)
NL-5016 (+,-) x3 (Found/Bought)

The Orientation of the tubes will be over three rows with 11 in the first,
13 in the second and 12 in the third.

Please feel free to ask any specifics and I will answer the best I can!