Physical shock will also do them in!!  Ira.

On 7/23/2016 3:10 PM, gregebert wrote:
Permanent magnets will degrade (for lack of a better word) over time, and factors such as an opposing magnetic field will accelerate this. More details on physics forums, but it seems intuitive that external factors can disrupt the alignment of atoms thereby reducing the magnetic field.

I recall my kindergarten teacher told me to store my giant magnet with a steel bar across the poles, so it wouldn't lose it's strength.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "neonixie-l" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to neonixie-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:neonixie-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to neonixie-l@googlegroups.com <mailto:neonixie-l@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/a82de118-58e5-4a57-8711-5f969bac3d73%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/a82de118-58e5-4a57-8711-5f969bac3d73%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.