the location you want to check, if known. For example, ebay.de (Germany) or
ebay.co.uk (United Kingdom). Beware that in some countries the category
tree will be radically different from what you're familiar with. For
example, the structure of some of the technical categories at ebay.nl
(Netherlands/Holland) is greatly simplified compared to those on ebay.com
-- in my experience, not a good thing.

Once you've found an item using these methods, it's usually still possible
to contact the seller to find out if he'll make an exception for you. In
case of an absolute "must have" item an an unwavering seller, there are
also services available by which you can pay a small fee to have an item
delivered to an "acceptable" address for the seller, then re-shipped to you
anywhere in the world.