> Thanks everyone for answers, I will probably use some cheap VFD to test the
> 9.2% PWM @3,3V on high frequency. I'll measure current and will look on it on
> oscilloscope to see on which frequency the filament will be heated so
> frequently, that it won't have time to really cool (current will be flat
> enough on all ON time). I will also test if any kind of soft-start is needed
> (rushing 3,3V through cold filament sounds risky).

This is where a series resistor or capacitor comes in handy.  They will limit
the amount of current allowed to flow through a cold filament.

> I've found one project, where author built a H bridge to be able to imitate
> AC.

My suggestion of using a MOSFET driver amounts to the same thing (it's not
original to me, I lifted the idea from Konstantin).

> I think that it might be the way to go, combining H bridging with PWM.

I'm fond of it.  If you use a capacitor as the dropping element, current goes
to zero if PWM is off, which is an easy way to turn off the filament.

- John