> I need to wait until the coffee takes effect. I mean boost converters! Can I
> change the title?

I don't know of a way to change a title in something that's already been sent
out, alas.

I was wondering what you meant, my (wrong) guess was that you wanted a GPS
"puck" that retransmitted timing info via bluetooth/UHF/whatever.

> I've come to the conclusion that I need to be able to build my own puck
> converters, at least so I can understand what I am looking at when I look at
> schematics for other people's converters! I could do with something that
> takes me from a simple example up to more complex examples that fix issues
> with the simple one.

There are lots of resources out there.  Here's one:

http://www.coilgun.eclipse.co.uk/electromagnetic_pistol_voltage_converter_design.html

<http://www.coilgun.eclipse.co.uk/electromagnetic_pistol_voltage_converter_design.html>

I'll point out one of those details that tends to catch people off guard when
they first notice it, but seems "obvious" in retrospect.  If a boost converter
is supplied with power, but the converter itself isn't running, you'll see the
input voltage at the output (it flows through the coil and diode).

- John