Speaking for "they" :)

The files are all still on the Yahoo! group - its the same moderators both
here and on the old group - luckily, Ray handed over the Yahoo! group
ownership before he died, so we control that.

Google Groups don't have their own file section, per se; the recommendation
is that you use another Google service to provide that capability but the
problem is in ownership and upload rights - there is no way to link the
membership of a Google Group with access rights to a Google Docs or Google
Drive repository, i.e. controlling upload rights etc. would be a major pain
as users would have to be doubly registered - if someone knows otherwise,
please let me know.

Oddly, I have been looking at this again after giving up a couple of years
ago - Since setting up the Google group, I've been shadowing it on
mail-archive.com (as stated in the group intro), but I've also shadowed the
old Yahoo! group at groups.io - https://groups.io/g/neonixie-l, just for
safety.

When I first did that, groups.io didn't have a "files" or "database"
section, and now they do, so I'm trying (not very hard, I have to admit) to
get the Yahoo files section mirrored there.... I have asked their support
team what we need to do to get the files accross - no response yet...

Ho, hum. On with the day job.

Nick (not the pharmaceutical one)