Finally a few free minutes at the end of the day... Cap meter results
compelling for open digits.

All pins on both tubes measured with respect to the anode...

> Pins that are not connected per the Burroughs data sheet and dark digits
all measure ~3 pF or less with one N/C pin somewhat higher reading 3.7 pF.

> Glowing digits measure 6 pF or more with none higher than 7.5 pF.

I'm now accepting that the dark digits are disconnected from their pins.

All measurements in pF:

Pin Function Tube 9 Tube 10
1 NC 3.1 3.7
2 A n/a n/a
3 K0 7.5 6.8
4 K9 6.8 6.4
5 K8 7.2 7.2
6 K7 6 5.9
7 K6 2.8 2.7
8 NC 2.6 2.5
9 K5 2.4 3
10 K4 2.8 6.4
11 K3 3.2 7.3
12 K2 6.9 7
13 K17 6.9 6.1
14 NC 2.3 2.6
I remain happy to have these tubes and am thinking about how to best
display them...

Onward!