  From: gregebert
  To: neonixie-l
  Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:47 AM
  Subject: Re: [neonixie-l] Re: LIXIE DISPLAYS

  It was a set of 4 stepper relays. Emphasis on past tense; poor old clock was
likely sent to the landfill about 12 years ago. I abandoned it in my previous
cubicle.
  Even though it was the first clock I ever designed, the sentimental value was
drowned-out by it's unreliability.

  The actuator was fine, made a nice ka-chunk.  I got a lot of curious looks
from nearby cube-mates when the time rolled-over at the top-of-the-hour.

  Many attempts to clean the contacts, but only got a few weeks of operation
before failing again.
  Also, the bulb-connections were flaky. Apparently the vibration from the
ka-chunking would jar a bulb loose.
  Or was it an irritated cube-neighbor that came by and kicked it a few times,
in hopes of shutting it up? I'll never know.....

  In case you're wondering, I have thought of 3D printing a mechanical
gear-clock but I have not yet figured out how I want to put nixies in it........