I took myself off to the MIT flea market about a month ago. The best thing
I came away with was an old iPod with the scroll wheel interface - my wife
prefers the physical interface to touch screens as she can operate them
without having to look at them.

There were no nixies, vfds or dekatrons of any description, either loose or
in equipment. One guy I asked suggested I try ebay. Another said quite a
few people had been asking.

Oh well. Glad that there are still finds to be had though.